Beauty & Personal CareDIY at Home
Makeup Setter and Remover11.05.17- Michele Troxler
With just three ingredients — all of them naturally derived — this DIY Makeup Setting Spray can be made at a fraction of the cost of retail brands. This homemade Makeup Setting Spray can also be easily customized to your skin’s needs.
- 2 ounces water
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable glycerin
- 6 drops of essential oil
- Frankincense essential oil for normal skin
- Geranium essential oil or Tea Tree essential oil for oily skin
- Myrrh essential oil for dry skin
Add to a small spray bottle and shake well. Hold spray bottle about 12 inches from face and lightly spritz skin 2–3 times. Let dry, and love your fresh-all-day look!
Lavender Makeup Remover Pads
- 2 tablespoons V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex
- 4 drops Lavender essential oil
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel (preferably alcohol free)
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- Round cotton pads
- 4-ounce airtight glass container
Pour V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex, Lavender oil, witch hazel, and water into jar. Tighten lid and shake thoroughly. Place 10 or so cotton rounds in the glass container, tighten lid, and rotate until solution soaks into cotton pads.
Remove one wipe and squeeze out excess liquid. Gently blot or wipe over closed eyelids until makeup is removed.