Lemon08.09.17- Michele Troxler
Lemon essential oil is cold-pressed from the rinds of lemons grown in Argentina and the United States, giving its aroma all the brightness of the freshly picked fruit. Cheerful, sweet, and nostalgic, Lemon oil can eliminate odors and infuse your entire home with its fresh, lemony scent when diffused.
Lemon oil has refreshing and cooling properties. Its fresh, citrus scent is an instant pick-me-up. It can be found in many hair and skin care products, as it help reduce blemishes and adds shine to hair. Be sure to avoid sunlight when applying to skin. Lemon can cause photosensitivity.
Young Living’s Lemon Vitality contains 68% limonene, a powerful compound offering a variety of health benefits that can be extracted from the peels of citrus fruits. Add a drop to tea, baking goods, yogurts, homemade preserves, vinaigrettes, marinades, and other treats. I use a couple drops in my water. It’s great to combine with savory foods such as chicken, fish, and vegetables. It enhances the flavor.
Overall, what is it good for?
- Uplifting to the mind and body
- Supports and cleanses healthy skin
- Promotes clear skin
- Supports the nervous system
- Detoxifying for the body when taken internally
- Supports the immune system
- Promotes healthy bathroom visits
- Supports the digestive system
- Supports overall wellness
- Promotes creative thoughts and clarity
- Can enhance the flavor of food or drink
- Can clean off sticky residue (ex: stubborn price tags)
Try These DIY Projects!
HOMEMADE DISH DETERGENT
- 2 cups Arm and Hammer washing soda
- 2 cups borax
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 cup Kosher salt
- 20 drops Lemon
When it is time to wash, I add a 1/2 cup of vinegar to the wash cycle.
RID THE STINCH FROM THE KITCHEN SINK
- First add baking soda.
- Then add vinegar.
- Rinse it all down with water.
- Finish with a dozen drops of Lemon.
SEASONAL RELIEF CAPSULE (THE TRIO)
- Combine equal drops of Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint in a vegetable capsule.
- Fill rest with an organic olive oil.