DIY at HomeOil Spotlight
Peppermint08.05.17- Michele Troxler
Young Living’s Peppermint essential oil is best experienced by applying, inhaling directly, and diffusing.
One of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs, Peppermint essential oil has a fresh aroma that is energizing to give you a renewed feeling of vigor.
Dilute with a carrier oil and rub in area to help relieve joint or muscle pain associated with sprains, strains and rheumatoid arthritis. I also rub it on my throat when it’s itchy after grass cutting.
Young Living’s Peppermint Vitality essential oil can be used internally by taking in an empty vegetable capsule, drinking a drop in water, or adding a drop in your food recipes. Add a drop in a glass of cool water for a refreshing start to your morning or take when experiencing digestive discomfort. If my tummy is upset or I’m nauseated, I put a drop in my water.
Overall, what is it good for?
- Supports and soothes digestion
- Supports respiratory health
- Promotes healthy intestinal function
- May improve concentration and mental sharpness
- Helps curb the appetite
- Enhances the flavor of food and water
- Cools the body down
- Soothes muscles after a long workout
- Helps moms get through those first trimester mornings
- Supports the urinary tract
Try these DIY Projects!
- Stir up your favorite brownie ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir in 5-6 drops of Peppermint.
Add to the oven for the same amount of time and temperature level you would normally. How easy is that?!
PERK UP DIFFUSER BLEND
- 4 drops Lemon
- 2 drops Peppermint
COOLING MIST (AC IN A BOTTLE)
- 2 tablespoons witch hazel in a 2-ounce spray bottle
- 4 drops Peppermint
- Fill the rest with distilled water.