Recipes & Cooking
Who doesn’t love peppermint and chocolate?08.05.17- Michele Troxler
Peppermint and chocolate is a wonderful and delicious combination! Young Living had created two great ‘almost’ guiltless treats.
Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate Peppermint Mousse Recipe
- Ice and water (for ice bath)
- 8 ounces filtered water
- 10 ounces bittersweet 70 percent chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Yacon Syrup (optional)
- 3–4 drops Peppermint Vitality™ essential oil
- In a medium saucepan, bring filtered water to a boil. Turn off heat and add Yacon Syrup and chocolate.
- Whisk until completely melted and smooth.
- Add Peppermint Vitality and whisk again.
- Pour melted chocolate into the mixing bowl in the ice bath and whisk vigorously until mixture becomes thick and ribbon-like.
- Spoon mousse into petite serving cups or ramekins and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Garnish with a light dusting of powdered sugar and sprig of fresh mint.
Guilt-Free Peppermint Brownies
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium black beans
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 2 drops Peppermint Vitality essential oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse and drain black beans.
- Melt coconut oil on stove until clear.
- Blend all ingredients except eggs in food processor until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk eggs until well beaten.
- Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8×8 pan and bake 25–30 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes then cut.
- Let cool another 15 minutes and serve.